Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2016

A Worm in the Bud, S5E5

Netflix lists the order of the episodes differently than IMDb, which lists this episode as S5E2 instead of 5. I'm not sure how this affects the continuity of the series, but it's just something I've noticed now. 

Not very action-packed, this episode still managed to capture my attention. There were quite a few potential subjects and had me confused up until the very end. It was one of those episodes in which Tom has to explain it all out to Troy (and therefore the viewing audience) to answer all of the questions. I still don't think I've wrapped my mind around all the details. Midsomer has made a few editing "mistakes" in the series which leave a few plot holes, but nothing that is too frustrating. 


One random thing I noticed was a character played by the same actress who is the lead in the British comedy, My Hero, called Thermoman. I watched it years before I'd ever heard of Midsomer, so it was a tad funny trying to take this character as a tough barrister seriously. 


The 2 children who played detective were a welcome change of pace and as they made their way to Tom's house, it was revealed that the Barnaby home is #7. Joyce appears briefly to greet them at the door and drop them off home later. 




























Check out more info on locations here at IMDb.

No comments:

Post a Comment