Search This Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Dance with the Dead, S10E1

Season 10's first episode has a dark, serious tone which is produced with excellence. It has a unique old wartime 1940s atmosphere. Here's the good news: We see Tom and Joyce dancing up a storm; and I'm sure it'll  put a smile on your face. Cully and Ben get to talking and we're meant to think maybe in a tiny little itty bitty way that she may be kind of into him, but we know how that turns out. There's the HOKEY COKEY dance. As an American I know it as Hokey Pokey, so that entire scene was a giggle. As far as the mystery itself, it was intriguing and well-played. You may suspect a couple of people from the beginning, and the motive might even be obvious, but the reveal is done with a good touch of surprise and depth.

But if you've followed me for awhile now you'll know there are certain episodes that I don't celebrate with my usual exaggerated love. Those elements usually include the character of the characters...and the subject matter(s). If the characters are selfish, cruel, and sleazy, I usually feel creeped out. And while a bit of sexual innuendo is fine and funny, with matters related to exploitation of sex, sexuality, or just sexy bits in general (e.g. perverted photographers), I'm not impressed. This episode hits both points with ample examples. It has one of the most cringeworthy lines I've ever had the misfortune to hear...and involuntarily imagine. I wonder if I should share it here...or just warn you. I'll just warn you. Don't want to repeat it with a ten foot pole. Also, the dead body on George's autopsy table and the murders are graphic, so be aware. 

Scroll and stroll for the scenery and interiors and fun bits too. And be sure to find and follow me on INSTAGRAM for more @Omae.Zing!!!

Exteriors


























Interiors










Barnaby Home







Fun Bits














(OK, I just realized maybe the caption writer was thinking JOHN Nettles rather than JOHN Barnaby, in which case, is more understandable).


Look for my post about S10E2 next week! And catch me on Instagram for more MIDSOMER! 

No comments:

Post a Comment